You can probably tell from the image that the short answer to ‘what’s in my knitting bag?’ is A LOT of Cath Kidston. But to go into slightly more detail...
1. Knitting needles – the majority were given to me by my Nan as she no longer knits much. They’re mostly normal needles but there are a few funny shaped ones that I have no idea about!
2. Wool and receipts - I know I just commented on the forgotten receipts that live in my handbag, but it’s actually a good idea to keep wool receipts so you can return any spare balls at the end of a pattern, genius.
3. Maoam – I love these sweets and end up with packs everywhere.
4. Current knitting pattern – find out more about the pattern here. I’ve also got a photocopy of the page I’m using, as the booklet won’t balance on the arm of my sofa without constantly sliding off. Irritating beyond belief, trust me.
5. Tape measure – it matches the bag. I love it.
6. Scissors – see answer to tape measure!
7. Pins and pencil – The ‘book of pins’ is also from Cath Kidston, I was worried it wouldn’t stay shut to start with but it does the job perfectly. I did consider keeping on my bookshelf but it’s really much easier to keep in the knitting bag.
8. Knitting – I finally had time to start my next project, a summer cardigan. Although I’ve already gone wrong several times and am only a few rows in so I highly doubt it will be finished in time for this summer!