18/04/2015

Finished project | A crochet giraffe

Hooray, a finished project! This cute crochet giraffe, named Jolly Tall* was made using this free pattern and was a surprisingly easy make. The pattern uses USA crochet terms (so I made sure to translate into UK before starting) and creates a fun stripy giraffe. I wanted a slightly more realistic crochet giraffe so went for a pale yellow and then added a few brown giraffe-like spots. 




It's the first time I've tried amigurumi crochet and although it was a bit daunting, it took some googling and a few youtube videos to get going, I was surprised how quickly I got the hang of it. As someone who had only made two granny square cushions and a crochet heart previously, if I can do it, anyone can! I collected all of the most helpful tips and tutorials into this top tips for amigurimi crochet beginners post.


Jolly is a present for a friends new baby, my friend actually requested a handmade giraffe after seeing the knitted dinosaur I made for another friend last year, so I really hope both her and her new baby boy like him. I’m tempted to make another for myself! 

*Anyone else remember Jolly Tall the giraffe from the Little Bear books? They were such a favourite of mine growing up. 



TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | RSS

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! Great post! :)
    xx
    Kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so cute =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw Jolly Tall with an asterisk it immediately rang bells in my long-distant memory! So glad you put at the bottom where it's from, I miss those books! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe me too - think I even had a video with a TV version on! xx

      Delete
  4. This is really nice and cute ! I love it! You are really good btw. the baby is going to love it! :)
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, seeing him next weekend really hope he does :)

      Delete
  5. Oh! He's cute, Zoe! I bet that baby boy will love him for life! ( he'll might even take it to college with him and proudly leave it on his dorm room bed!)
    www.queenbcreativeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...