30/07/2014

Floral dressing

It’s no secret that I like a nice floral and this gorgeous weather is the perfect excuse for some seriously summery dressing! And in a rare outfit post I thought I share this dress sent to me by online clothes retailer Joe Browns*.

Now, I really struggle with summer dresses as nearly all of the ones on the high street are just too darn short. At 5'9" I’m always looking for something more knee skimming than thigh skimming so this dress was bound to be a winner, throw in the floral print and sweetheart neckline and I'm sold.

It’s a great fit, the adjustable button straps and shirred back make it fitted yet still comfortable, perfect for prancing around in the woods (see image three) and generally having fun! I'm often guilty of opting for comfort over style, especially when it's hot, but Joe Browns are all about clothes to live life in, a rather nice mantra don't you think?

They are clearly becoming a popular brand, this dress is already sold out but this one is the same style with a slightly different floral pattern.... p.s it's on sale!

We've been making the most of the sunshine this week by going for lots of evening walks and have made it our mission to discover where all the paths in the field behind our road lead. You can see a couple of the paths in the pictures below, so far we've found the remains of a windmill and a country lane with some very nice houses.





*Sponsored link, this dress was sent as a gift - there was no obligation to post about it and all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! And that dress looks so comfy :) I'm a tall girl too, and there are few thing sadder in life than falling in love with a beautiful dress only to realise it's indecently short. This one is lovely though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's good to know they're doing longer dresses now, I was always a bit worried about how short they looked! Very pretty, I must take a look :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...