03/10/2012

Triple chocolate and pecan cookies - a recipe

Good news – it’s nearly national chocolate week! I don’t usually go in for ‘national weeks’ seeing as we have them for pretty much everything nowadays, but if you’re going to buy into any of them it may as well be the chocolate one, eh? So I’ve decided it’s the perfect excuse (not that really I need one) to eat a bit more chocolate, it’s also the perfect excuse to try out a new recipe... gooey triple chocolate and pecan cookies. Now, I’m sure you’ve already got a recipe for triple chocolate cookies, but I’ve had so many compliments on this one that they’re really worth a go. As there’s not much flour and no butter/margarine in the recipe they almost end up a bit meringue like, totally delicious!


Ingredients
30g plain flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
100g milk chocolate chopped into small chunks
100g white chocolate also chopped
100g pecans (or any other nut you prefer)
200g dark chocolate
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
110g granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 180C

In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients and set aside.

Melt the dark chocolate in a separate bowl and set aside to cool down.

Combine the eggs, yolk and sugar until light and fluffy (easiest to use an electric whisk).

Mix everything together into the large bowl.

Spoon onto baking sheets in heaped tablespoons, you should get around 14-16 cookies. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool.

Best served with a cup of tea and a good magazine!

5 comments:

  1. Oh these sound delicious! Bookmarked for a rainy day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh scrummy! National chocolate week, you say? No idea how that has previously passed by without my notice! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious, so delicious that I have put them on my weekend bake list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these do look amazing :))

    Thanks for visiting my blog - I couldn't reply to your comment via email as your email address is hidden in your profile...although I did notice you have it here on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...