02/11/2016

Life lately | October edition

Recently I've been...


Finding treasure in antique shops - I originally saw this book on pinterest and fell in love with the little owl, but was disappointed to find the link went to a sold Etsy listing. That must have been sometime last winter, so when browsing a few books in antique shops at the weekend I couldn't believe my luck when I pulled this one off the shelf and saw the cover! I'm super excited to start stitching it soon.


Reading The Lake House by Kate Morton. I'm halfway through and I'm hooked. It follows Kate's usual style, skipping between several eras as present day police officer on leave, Sadie, attempts to unravel the mysterious disappearance of a baby boy from a Midsummer's Eve party in 1933. I'm 
really struggling to put it down each evening - if only we didn't need sleep.


Planting daffodil bulbs... 45 of them to be exact. Aside from a gorgeous peach climbing rose and summer tomato plants our small garden has been pretty neglected since we moved in almost two years ago. This month, however, we've been making some big changes - re-cutting borders, pulling out overgrown bushes and creating more usable space. The current side effect of this though is that we have almost no plants left and won't do over the winter, so I want to make sure that by spring we'll at least have some cheery yellow daffodils to enjoy.


Publishing my first crochet pattern on Etsy! You may have noticed that I've been working on the floral & feather Etsy shop this year, it's been a slow process as I work out what feels right. Increasingly I've been keen to sell the patterns for my makes as well as the finished projects, as I've loved the design process. Last week I launched my first pattern - the dip-dye crochet phone case - see it here! I'm so excited and am already working on the next one, plus have lots of ideas in my head for the future. 


What have you been up to recently?


TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | RSS

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be able to do embroidery! Also I'd have so many books read if I didn't need to sleep! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not great at embroidery but definitely going to have another go! I'm going to try and limit myself to one chapter before bed! x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...