12/05/2013

Squirrel shortbread

On Saturday afternoon I finally had the chance to use my new squirrel biscuit cutter, and decided to make some squirrel shaped shortbread (love a bit of alliteration!). They’re super easy to make and have a nice lemon twist too.



Preparation 15 mins + 30 mins chill time
Cooking time 20-30 mins

Ingredients
225g unsalted butter
75g caster sugar
275g plain flour
Pinch of salt
75g fine semolina
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
Caster sugar for dusting

Method
Preheat oven to 160/gas 4/140 fan. Beat together the butter and sugar. Add the flour, salt, semolina and lemon zest. Mix together and use your hands to gather into a soft dough.
Wrap in clingfilm and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
Dust worktop with flour and roll dough out to just under 1cm thick. Cut out your squirrels and place on a baking tray.
Bake for around 20-30 minutes or until they turn lightly golden. As soon as they come out of the oven sprinkle with some caster sugar.


They're almost to cute too eat... almost.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh too cute! and inspiration to get me baking again. I haven't made anything in a month or two :(

    Gonna have to hunt out some cute animal shaped cutters and get them on my birthday wishlist aswell. haha

    BTW, just thought I'd let you know while I'm here that my url has changed so you can remove my button (Once Upon A Time) Feel free to add one of my new ones if you want. Thanks so much for having had it up though :)

    Best wishes,
    Danielle.
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. best cookie cutters ever, so cute!

    http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute - they look yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They make squirrel cookie cutters? Amazing!

    Great looking recipe, will have to give it a go - even if just for the chance to use some sweet cookie cutters!

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog :) followed you on twitter and gfc xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...