19/02/2013

For the love of books - memories and DIYs

In the last two years I’ve really been making an effort to read more, I used to be such a bookworm but at some point and for some reason I stopped. My favourite Friday evening activity was once (and I’m talking school years here) to get home and read my book with a supply of sweets, fruit pastels were usually my favourite choice, and that is exactly the memory which came back to me when cleaning out the attic last weekend and coming across these! You can certainly tell I had a thing for animals as a child and I’m happy these will now be going to the charity shop for others to enjoy.


Nowadays my reading material is slightly less animal focused although ironically I’ve just finished reading Wolves in Winter by Lisa Hilton, which I promise hasn’t really got much to do with wolves. I’d certainly recommend it, although for what looks like a historical novel it has a touch of the supernatural about it. Set in Renaissance Italy the book follows the life of Mura, a slave girl sold to the Countess Sforza and educated in potions and poisons. It has a few odd moments, mainly when the supernatural stuff starts, but that did keep things interesting.


Despite giving all those books to the charity shop I’ve also got a few book related DIY’s currently stored in my favourites folder. This book clutch from Erica at Caught On a Whim is genius and amazing all at the same time. Must find the perfect size hardback book.


With spring just around the corner I’m also keen to make a few book page flowers as seen on a daily something, you can never have too many flowers in the house!

2 comments:

  1. I love that book clutch- how utterly brilliant! I've got a very cool hardback copy of Treasure Island that may not have it's central pages for much longer now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhhh just got really excited about those Puppy Patrol books! I only had three but I loved them when I was younger :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...